Sunday, May 4, 2008

La Leche League of Georgia Conference

Nathan, Sofia and I went to the La Leche League of Georgia Conference. It was in Helen, Georgia. La Leche League is an international breastfeeding support group. I go to their meetings here in Atlanta once or twice per month. It's just really great to be around other moms that are nursing their babies - in public, wherever! Makes me feel supported!! The conference was not only about breastfeeding, but also about parenting. LLL supports the Attachment Parenting style, so it was nice to get some advice in that area too. Our buddies Abby and her husband Jason and their daughter Sophie were there too. I met Abby and Sophie at a LLL meeting back in January! What a blessing to have met them! We had to get up really early Saturday morning to get there in time for the 8:30 lecture, but it was totally worth it. At the end of the day, Nathan said it was a great day for our family!!!!! VERY TRUE!!


No comments: