Sofia turned 1 on Saturday, June 21st. I can't believe that 1 year has already FLOWN by. This time last year I was still in the hospital trying to figure out how we were going to take care of her. My mom and grandmother (who passed away last September) came and stayed with us for 3 weeks after Sofia's birth. When they left I cried not knowing how Nathan and I would be able to do it by ourselves . . . now we can't imagine how we could live life without her!!!! She has been such a blessing in our lives. We prayed so much that God would bless us with a baby and here she is 1 year old. We thank Him EVERY day for our blessed life!!!!
Sofia had fun at her birthday party. Lots of family and friends were there to help her celebrate. Mami, Papi, Aidita, Elaine, Nancy, Tio Joaco, Ileana and Diego were there from my side of the family. Linda, Doug, Uncle Andy and Carolyn were there from Nathan's side of the family. Also our friends Stacy and Kelsey, Dawn, Stumble, and Sean, Ryan, Erika, and Anna, Barbara and Sally were there. Leanne came later in the day too.
Her grandmother Linda made her birthday cake. It was very beautiful and colo
rful! We had a ton of other food too. I made puertorican shortbread cookies - polvorones. Aidita made "sandwiches de mezcla" - a puertorican birthday sandwich that w
as yum. Elaine brought a veggie tray. Mami made a pasta salad with a delicious homemade mayonaise-type dressing. And Tio Joaco made some really good hamburgers and later that night made a marinated flank steak with chimichurri sauce and roasted sweet peppers. YYYUUUMMMM!!!!!!
It was such a fantastic day to get to celebrate Sofia's birth with our friends and family. If you'd like to see more pictures, click on this link to the Kodak Gallery pictures.
2 comments:
AWESOME party theme! Wish we could have been there! GREAT pictures!
Hate I missed the party...but did get there in time for the Flank Steak! One year has surely flown by!
Post a Comment