Monday, June 2, 2008

Sofia taking Swimming Lessons

Today Sofia started Swimming Lessons! It's amazing that you can teach an 11 month old baby to float and swim! She is going to an instructor who is certified as an Infant Swim Resource instructor. Check out their website. It's really cool. http://www.infantswim.com/

Babies that cannot walk yet learn how to float first, then learn how to swim. This way they can float until someone comes to help them. Babies who can walk learn to swim first so they can swim to the edge of the water and get themselves out. Sofia is learning to float first.

It was a little scary for me to watch her go under water for a little bit. I cried a little bit just because it was scary, and because my little baby is growing up. Sofia cried a little too. She'll be taking lessons for 10-15 minutes, 5 days per week for the next 3 to 4 weeks until she learns how to float and swim. Pretty amazing! The lessons are a little far from our house (Canton, GA - about 30 miles), but it's definitely worth it and her Abuelita Lila is paying for the lessons as her 1st birthday and baptism present!! GRACIAS ABUELITA!!!!


Here are some videos of the lessons. Let me warn you, they are a little scary at first, but AMAZING that she could float on her first day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!! Sofia is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nane said...

Kim and I watched these at home last night...its amazing. I cant wait to see her progress

Stacy said...

I want to see some more videos! I love these. Sofia's a natural.