Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Getting OLD!!!

I haven't posted in a few days because I broke off a part of one of my molars on our way back from Winston-Salem Sunday afternoon!!! I was chewing gum (an old favorite past time of mine that I haven't really done too much since staying home with Sofia - I think I chewed gum for stress releif - Hanes and Nathan's driving gave me stress :o). I had to find a dentist in Atlanta on Monday (and unpack and clean the house) and then basically spent my whole day Tuesday getting a crown put in and refilling a cavity next to the crown so that tooth wouldn't break too!! I feel so old - only old people get crowns :o). It's weird - they have to basically grind down most of your old tooth and leave a nub to hook the crown into. I looked like Jethro without the crown!!! I've got a temporary cap on right now until the permanent one is made. It takes about 3 weeks for the permanent one to come in.

Needless to say, I won't be chewing gum any time soon!!!!!!

3 comments:

Nane said...

5:41am you posted this....?

I have to have gum, maybe my fillings will hold up a little longer. Hope it didn't hurt too much.

Anonymous said...

I have had two crowns what does that say about my age???

Anonymous said...

Who's the anonymous from?? FUNNY!!!