Nathan, Sofia and I went to Chicago for Christmas. My middle brother, Jose Eduardo and his wife Ana live there. They just finished their brand new town house there and it is gorgeous. Here is a picture of the view of the city from their master suite balcony!! My dad, stepmom Aidita, brother Jose Ernesto and his wife Claudette, and brother Jorge were all there. We hadn't all been together at Christmas for several years!On Saturday the 22nd, we all went to play Whirlyball. This is basically a cross between lacrosse, hockey and basketball with bumper cars! There are 2 teams - Jose Eduardo, Ana, Jorge and my dad were on 1 team and Jose Ernesto, Claudette, Nathan and I were on the other. The object of the game is to get a wiffle ball through a hole cut out on the back of a basketball backboard using a scoop like lacrosse while being rammed into by bumper cars from the oposing team!! WHAT A BLAST!!!!! We played five 10-minute periods. Papi was definitely the craziest player! He tried to get sympathy for his sore knees, then he would ram you going FULL speed! The match ended up being tied - although they didn't count my goal in the first period because the referee wasn't watching AND I had to leave my team under-represented because Sofia was crying the last 3 minutes!!!!! :o)
Here are some pictures. If you ever get a chance to play this, I highly recommend it!!! TOO MUCH FUN!!!!
1 comment:
The ski club would love this!
Post a Comment