Friday, March 6, 2009

Mami (Abuelita) comes to visit

My mom was in town this week! YAY!!!! We had such a great time and the trip was not nearly long enough - but it was great to have her here!

As you know, Sofia wakes up pretty early in the morning. Here lately Nathan has been getting up with her while he's getting ready for work and lets me sleep in until he leaves for work (because I'm sooooo tired and he's a GOOD husband). While Mami was here, she got up with Sofia in the morning which meant Nathan could sleep in a little longer and I could sleep in even longer! YAY for Mami!!!!! We didn't really do anything exciting while she was here - she just helped us out A LOT!!!!! She took us grocery shopping, cooked, and got us a house cleaner for a few months while I'm big and pregnant and for a little while after baby #2 arrives!!!!! DOUBLE YAY!!! Unfortunately Sofia had some sort of virus while Mami was here (I think she caught it the week before Mami got here). So Mami got thrown up on TWICE, she changed many runny diapers and generally dealt with a tired and grumpy Sofia! Poor Mami - I think she was tired when she went home and I think she had a little bit of a cold too - SORRY MAMI!!!!! She even put Sofia to bed 2 times - once so Nathan and I could go see a movie and the next night so that we could go to our Waterbirth class!!! It truly was a HUGE help having her here. I think I almost had a meltdown that afternoon after she left!!!

Here is a cute video of Mami swinging and singing with Sofia on the play set! Sofia still just LOVES to swing! GRACIAS MAMI!!!!!!

No comments: