Sunday, March 15, 2009

Last minute trip to Winston-Salem

I decided to go to Winston-Salem at the last minute!!! I was having a little bit of cabin fever and I know that once baby #2 arrives, it's going to be a long time before I get an opportunity to have a break again . . . so I thought of where I might want to go - the beach, the mountains, etc. - but the place I most wanted to go was back home to Winston-Salem!!!

I got to see so many great friends!! Kris and Craig hosted me last minute on Friday night! Brenda and Kim Blakely and Kim (Kris' sister) actually were at her house when I arrived around 7:30 p.m. We had such a great time that I forgot to take a picture! BOO!!!! It was so good to see them. I hadn't seen Brenda and Kim in over a year!

Then Saturday I went and got a facial at my old salon!! NICE!!! That afternoon I headed over to Leanne's house where she showed me how she makes her WORLD FAMOUS chocolate chip cookies - she was making some for me to take home!!! Awwww!!!!! Kathy and Summer and Mary came over that evening for dinner too. It was just so nice to get to catch up with everyone - and have conversations that could last more than 5 seconds (normally Sofia is hollering about something or into something, so it's a little distracting)!
Then on Sunday before I went home, I got to see Wanda, Helen and Carol - my great buddies from Galax! They were nice enough to drive down that morning and meet me at the IHOP. We sat and talked at the IHOP for over 3 hours!!!! It was so nice to see them and catch up. Wanda has especially been through a lot this year and it was nice to be able to hug her in person!!!!

Also, on my way out of town I stopped by to see Laura Thomas. We just chatted like we'd just seen each other last week!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL and MISS YOU so much! Thanks for being such wonderful friends to me. I don't know what I'd do without each and every one of you in my life!!!!!

1 comment:

kris said...

We had the best time seeing you, just never long enough. Makes me really how much I REALLY DO miss you! love you!