
My good friend Donetta and her husband Shawn and baby Alex came to visit us from Winston-Salem this weekend. They came down Thursday and left today. It was such a great visit! I was thinking about it this weekend and it seems like Donetta and I have been on a similar path seems like most of our life. She and I were both born in 1972. We both graduated from High School in 1990. We both graduated from college in 1995. We both went to work for Sara Lee as Management trainees right out of college. We both moved to Winston after being at the plants for several years. She got there 1 year ahead of me though. We both got our MBA's at Wake in the evening program and finished in 2002. We both got married (I got there a couple of years ahead of her), but we both had babies less than 2 months apart. WILD!!! Alex is the cutest baby! Even though he's 7 weeks younger, he's hanging right with Sofia on the milestones. He's got more teeth though! That boy has got a mouth full!! Donetta's husband Shawn is a great guy too. I really like him a lot! He's an awesome dad and a really good husband. He and Donetta make a great pair!
We just hung out most of the weekend and talked about motherhood and baby stuff. Since we both have similar parenting styles it was nice to get to trade notes on what's working/not working for us. We also took a little time to go to the Georgia Aquarium and I introduced them to Trader Joe's. They loved both!!!
What a nice time!!! Can't wait to get to hang out with them again SOON!!!!
Here are some cute pictures from their visit.

Here are Nathan, Donetta and Shawn at the aquarium.

Here is Mami and Sofia in front of the whale shark tank.

Here are Shawn and Nathan in the whale shark tank tunnel.

Here is, per Nathan, a "Steve Irwin Killer" in the shark tank tunnel.

Here are daddy and Sofia in front of the Baluga whale.


Here are Donetta and I nursing our babies at the aquarium.

Here is Alex chowing down on a banana.

Here is Alex in the cool table high chair with mom looking on.

Here are Shawn and Alex looking cute.
1 comment:
I need to go to a Trader Joe's and the Atlanta aquarium....sounds like another trip to Atlanta is in store. Man those little ones are growing
Post a Comment