Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day with Grandmother and Doug

Linda came down from Alpharetta on Valentine's Day and took us all out to dinner. Doug came up from Palmetto too. We went to this new restaurant by our house called Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q. It was VERY good!!! Sofia had a great time too playing with Grandmother and Rubi. Here is a video clip of Rubi and Sofia kissing each other!
Grandmother fed her cereal for the first time before we left to go to dinner. She ate about half of the amount that she ate about 3 weeks ago (the last time we gave her cereal) and didn't want anymore. I was surprised, but didn't think much about it. Later that night, after we got home from dinner, Sofia threw up!!! A LOT!!! Looked like everything she had eaten all evening came back out. This was the second time that this had happened and the last time it was also after eating cereal (Nathan remembered that it was after cereal the last time!). I figured out that the pumped breastmilk that I was using to mix in with the cereal has gone bad. I moved it to the deep freezer about a month ago and when I opened up the freezer to get the milk that night it smelled fishy. I guess that smell penetrated the milk bags and made the breastmilk go bad. POOR SOFIA!!! I threw away all of the breastmilk from the freezer - all of the stored breastmilk that I had!! SO SAD!! But no point in keeping it if it's bad!! I'll just have to start pumping again to get more to mix in with her food.
Speaking of food. I tried to feed her sweet potato on Friday night. She did NOT like it at all!! Every time we put a small spoonful in her mouth she would push it back out with her tongue. Guess we'll move on to the next vegetable or fruit. I think I'm going to try pear next.