
Sofia and I made new friends in Atlanta - Abby and Sophie!!! Sophie is 4 months old, so about 3 1/2 months younger than Sofia. We met at a La Leche League meeting back in January. I snuck and got her e-mail address from the sign in sheet and e-mailed her a couple of days later. It seemed like just from talking with her for a few minutes that day that we had a lot in common. Sophie is 100% breastfeed and doesn't take a bottle either. Also, Abby had her naturally like I did with Sofia. Abby is also practicing Attachment Parenting with Sophie, which is what we are doing with Sofia - check out Abby and Sophie in their cool wrap (the carrier she is using). It's just this long piece of fabric that you can use to carry the babies in all different kinds of positions. She just ordered a Mei Tai carrier that I'm going to look at and see if I like. I have a Maya Wrap Baby Sling and a Baby Bjorn. We use the sling around the house, but the Bjorn when we go on walks because it seems to be more sturdy when I'm carrying Sofia AND holding back 2 BIG doggies. The downfall of the Baby Bjorn is that they say that you shouldn't always carry your baby in the same position (and the Bjorn only allows for 1 position) because it could be bad for their legs/hips to always be in the same position. So hopefully Abby can show me how to use the Mei Tai and we can get one of those.
I've really enjoyed getting to hang out with Abby and Sophie. Last week we met at Abby's paren'ts house (which is very close to our house) and went for a walk on the Chattahoochee River trails close to their house. Abby's mom has been a certified La Leche League leader for 30 years and practiced attachment parenting with Abby and her brother and sisters. It was really great to get to ask her tons of questions.
Here is a picture and video of Sofia trying to play with Sophie. Sophie isn't quite old enough to reach back, but will be VERY soon. She'll be a great playmate for Sofia.
And here are a couple more pictures of the girls.


No comments:
Post a Comment