Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Took the Minivan Plunge

I did the HAPPY DANCE the other day because I have a "neused" minivan!! I can't believe that I'd ever be so happy to be driving a minivan. Man does life change quickly!!!

I've been really wanting one since Jaquelyn arrived. It was just so hard to maneuver both girls into the car in our small garage with the doors swinging open. Nathan's Lincoln has a few new dents in it as a result :o(. And it was hard maneuvering in parking lots too. Also, it's just so nice to have that 3rd row! I've already been able to move back there and change diapers, nurse, etc.!! LOVIN' IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a silver 2002 Chrysler Town & Country with approximately 77,000 miles on it. The side doors and back gate open automatically too. Niiiiiccccceeeeee!!! Here is a picture of the front of it already sporting a GT license plate!

Front row amenities :o)

2nd row has captains chairs so the girls can't kick each other :o)

3rd row for diaper changing and nursing :o)

The girls are lovin' the minivan already!!


It's the end of an era too! We sold the Explorer today. Bittersweet - bought it in Galax in 1999 and sold it in Atlanta in 2009 with 153k miles! It looked and still ran great, though! Would have kept it if life hadn't called for the minivan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriend,
We really missed you at the FLEA market. I am really sorry to hear about Dudley, I know you all miss him and I bet Ruby doesn't know what to do. I want you to hug and kiss the girls for me and tell Nathan hey.

Love ya, Carol

Nane said...

You finally did it....I knew it was coming. Mary will tell you its a must. She is happy that her boys are now almost big enough to go back to the SUV (or something with doors again) No Shame!