Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Neighborhood Vigilantes
Well, I'll start this story by saying that we moved to the BIG CITY!! We bought a house inside the perimeter (ITP) in Atlanta in a "transitional" neighborhood - nice houses not far from not-so-nice houses! This day we heard a helicopter flying low over our house. Turns out the Atlanta Police was looking for a guy who stole a car. He drove the car to the entrance of our neighborhood - where he proceeded to crash the car, then take off on foot through our neighborhood to get away from the police. I went out back and saw a guy running across the empty lots behind our house. Then I saw 3 guys from the tennis courts chasing after him with their rackets!!!!! SERIOUSLY!! What if he had been carrying a gun?? Anyway, they caught him beat him down with their rackets (too bad I didn't have the video camera soon enough). About 2 minutes later we saw 2 Atlanta police officers on foot running through our neighborhood to catch him. We got pictures of the helicopter flying overhead and then the police car after they had the guy in it. And a video of all of the neighbors that came out to witness the event. NEVER A DULL MOMENT :o)


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man, don't want to get caught doing something in your neighborhood...getting beat down with tennis raquets must hurt!
Post a Comment